Hello Garden Gals and Guys and welcome to my two new followers!

This is going to be another exciting growing season for us all! I hope to share new tips with everyone and keep you up-to-date on what I am doing this year.

This weekend I attended the Future Harvest-CASA conference and learned a lot of great things that are going to help me in my quest to become a full-time farmer.

I learned about a fabulous new technique called SPIN farming and I am excited to see how it will turn out. For those of you that are local, I will be selling veggies right out of my garden, so be sure to check the blog to see what's ready for harvest!

This is the year of meat! I have decided to take the Charcutepalooza (pronounced shar-coo-ta-pa-loo-za) challenge. Take the challenge with me! Click the link above or the picture to the left to learn more about it (after you've finished reading my blog of course!)

I met Cathy at the conference this weekend and she is truly delightful. She has lots of great stuff on her site....too much to mention in one blog entry. For those of you that are local to the DC area, she also has a list of classes on her site that she offers in her very own kitchen!

I'll be posting pictures of recipes that I make and making your mouths water for sure!

There's been another exciting development for me. I have been accepted into the Maryland New Farmer Trainee program! Starting in February, I will be taking classes to learn about small-scale fruit and vegetable production. Then, in early April, I will work one six-hour day a week on an actual farm. This is what I have been waiting for! I'll be getting hands-on knowledge about farming and it's going to be so much fun!

I'll be posting lots of interesting blogs this year, folks! You don't want to miss it! Be sure to tell your friends and family about Fat Earth. It's going to be a great year and my blog is going to give you every exciting detail! I'd love to see you become a follower if you haven't already!

Until next time garden gals and guys....

Happy garden thoughts!

Comments

  1. congrats...I am excited for you!! So glad you are doing something you love Audra :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wait...A Farm on a Patio?? Yup!

Farmer Spotlight: Nick Ager

WAIT! Before you buy those seeds...read this!