Ready, Set, Onions.....

Hello Garden Gals and Guys! It is certainly cold and icy here in Maryland, but it's heating up indoors at the Fat Earth Backyard Farm. I started my onions and leeks (which are in the onion family..which is why I kind of group them together) about a week ago, and I am now the proud momma of onion and leek seedlings! I should have started them in mid-February, but...well....I was just sort of unmotivated by the cold weather. But that's all over now! I'll be starting more leeks and onions in just a few more days and in another week or so I will be starting peppers and tomatoes!

Here's a little video I did on my babies so you can see what they look like for yourself!


Awwwww.....aren't they cute?  I think so. But I'm their momma and I am biased. I am looking forward to this growing season as I convert the rest of my backyard into a mini-farm. Have you started any seeds indoors yet? Are you going to? I'd love to hear from you! Leave a comment below (and pictures if you have them) and let me know what's growin' on in your neck of the woods.

Until next time garden gals and guys.....

Happy gardening!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wait...A Farm on a Patio?? Yup!

Farmer Spotlight: Nick Ager

WAIT! Before you buy those seeds...read this!